Creating and editing email accounts inside of cPanels is simple and intuitive with the tools available in the control panel. This article will go over some of the basic steps for creating, editing and accessing email accounts from inside of your cPanel account.
Managing Email Accounts
Email accounts are managed in the mail section of your cPanel account. Once logged in scroll to the “Email” section and click the “Email Account” icon.
After clicking on the “Email Accounts” icon, you will land on the Email Account Management page. The page allows you to create new email address, change your passwords, edit the mailbox quota, or delete the account all together.
Add Email Account
By default the Email Account Management page lands on the Add Email Account tab. From here there is a simple setup wizard for creating email accounts. There are 4 steps:
- Choose an account name. The account name is the text that will appear in the email address before the @yourdomain.com.
- Choose a password.
- Set mailbox quota. By default the account will be set to 1 GB you can add additional space later if needed or adjust lower it at the time of creation.
- Click the “Create Account” button
The “Email Accounts” tab shows a list view of the existing email accounts for the domain and has an “Actions” section to the right of the list view that allows you to manage the existing account.
The “Actions” Section is the management console for your existing email accounts:
- Access Webmail: Allows for webmail access with WHM or cPanel credentials without resetting a user password.
- Disk and Quota: Allows you to change the allocated disk space for saving email on the server. Inside of Disk and Quota there is a “Manage Disk Usage” tool that allow you to delete all email by date.
- Manage Suspension: This tool has 3 functions allowing you to lock the accounts ability to send, receive and log into the email account.
- Password and Authentication: This section allows you to reset account passwords and set the complexity of the email users password.
- Connect Devices: In this section there are two subsection that open up when you click this link.
“Set Up Mail Client” takes you to a page with all of the email client configuration instructions and it has downloadable auto discovery files for configuring certain popular clients.
“Configure Calendars and Contacts”: Takes you to an information page with the direct URL to access webmail, calendars and contacts without logging into the cPanel account first.
"Delete": This button fully deletes the email account and all emails completely from the server. Unless you have a previous server side backup or have downloaded the emails locally there is no way to recover them. Please use this button carefully. We recommend suspending the email account with the Manage Suspension feature to terminate email service and keeping the emails on the server.