What do I have to do before I can transfer a domain to Cozaq ?
- All transfer confirmation is done via email, the Administrative Contact email address listed on the domain name must be valid. If you are unsure of what email you have listed as admin contact, please perform a WHOIS lookup on the domain. If your information is not publicly accessible you will have to contact the registrar.
- For most types of domains, the last purchase or renewal needs to have been 60 days in the past. This is a Registry-imposed requirement that affects all Registrars.
- If the domain name is expired, most Registrars will NOT allow you to transfer the domain. Before moving it to Cozaq, you will need to renew it with the current registrar for the minimum term then wait 60 days .
- The domain name must be Unlocked and Privacy should be disabled. Contact your current domain registrar to make sure the domain does not have privacy enabled, and is unlocked. If there is a Hold on the domain, that must be resolved with the current registrar prior to beginning the transfer process.
- Lastly you must have the Authorization Code (Auth Code or EPP Key) for the domain you wish to move. The key is provided by the current registrar and most registrars allow you to request a key from inside your account. It will be sent to the administrative email on the account.
How to Transfer the Domain:
- Once an Auth Code or EPP Key us obtained you simply need to email the domain in questione to help@ cozaq.com. The request should include the term you wish to register the domain. Domains need to be registered for a minimum of 1 year and can be extended out for a total of 10 years.
- Once the request is received, Cozaq will send you a one time invoice for the registration fees, which cover the year(s) that will be added on to the expiration date. Transfer will not begin until payment is received.
- New registrations and domain registration transfers require a minimum of a 1 year extension of the existing expiration date. This is an ICANN requirement and all registars are required to extend the registration period.
Redemption Period or Pending Delete Restorable
This means the domain has expired and has now entered a redemption period. If you want to redeem the domain, you should contact your Domain Provider as soon as possible. In most cases, the domain is held in this state for approximately 30 days, though the length of this grace period varies based on the domain tld. Please note that the domain can only be redeemed by the current owner.
My domain is on Client Hold or Registrar Hold
This means that the domain has been suspended after failing to pass Whois verification. If you want to reclaim your domain, contact your Domain Provider as soon as possible.
How long will it take to transfer my domain?
The transfer process is automated and can take up to 7 days to complete. That said, we do our part to make the process as quick as possible. If you are transferring your domain to Cozaq we initiate the transfer upon your successful payment. It’s then up to your old registrar to release the domain. Some registrars have a means for expediting the release of the domain for transfer out. If there is a tight deadline, please be sure to note that in your transfer request and Cozaq will try to help facilitate the expedited process.
Transferring domains and hosting service.
While your domain registration is in transit changes to the NS can not be made. Domains transfers should be given a two week window if done before a hosting service transfer. Typically we recommend moving the hosting service first, changing Name Servers at the old registrar and then processing the domain transfer.